Darrian de Craymore
Grand Duke Syr Darrian de Craymore of Mithril Hills within the Kingdom of Northern Lights
”Leave it better than you found it.”
Syr Darrian speaks just after being knighted into the order of the crown
Also known by some as Ole' Grey Beard.
Darrian was introduced to Amtgard in early 2002 by Sir Syke and Dame Kaia. Darrian quickly became active in the Mithril Hills monarchy by becoming Regent. Later he went on to serve as Champion, Baron/Duke, and then Chancelor (pro tem) of Mithril Hills. His home land has always been and continues to be Mithril Hills.
Darrian has also been active in the artisan circles. He took Best In Show at his first Dragon Master competition and has gone on to take Arts & Sciences Champion in every Crown Quals he has entered. Darrian has also taken the title of Overall Dragon Master twice, first at Winter Bash '09 and again at Pac War XI. Darrian can also be found teaching at or assisting in running Blackspire Ithras, an Arts & Sciences learning event.
In September 2006 Darrian became Regent of Blackspire under King Christian. In September 2007 Darrian became the first non-knight King of Blackspire and held the position for 2 consecutive reigns. Durring his tenure as King, Darrian knighted 3 people: Sir Essewyn (Flame), Sir Tseng (Crown, 2nd belt), and Sir Garth (Serpent). At his stepping down, King Tseng, the incoming monarch, awarded Darrian the title of Grand Duke.
In the Fall of 2006, Darrian spearheaded the rebirth of the Argent Flame Household, a Household dedicated to bettering Amtgard for everyone through service work and arts and sciences. Originally the Argnt Flame had a Fighting Company associated with it as well, but this was folded in 2009. There was too much Household involvment in service which prevented the Company from participating as well.
On Septmber 21, 2008, during the Kingdom of Blackspire's Weaponmaster Tournament, King Sir Tseng dubbed Darrian Knight of the Crown.
On October 4, 2008, Darrian promoted Falcon from Man-at-Arms to Squire. On January 24, 2009 Darrian promoted Meya from Man-at-Arms to Squire. Larch, who had been previously a Man-at-Arms to Falcon, was promoted to Darrian's Squire on May 2, 2009. Klepto, formerly Meya's Page, was promoted to Darrian's Squire on November 28, 2010.
He and his wife Aristiri have three children: Rache Tyricson, age 19, and Andel & Marie Craymore, ages six and five respectively.
- Legacy - Retired
- Sir Jaxom Jacobson (Flame, Crown)
- Sir Derek Roth (Flame, Sword, Crown)
- Squire Pungkow
- Sir Stefan del Sala (Serpent)
- Squire Zen
- Squire Arimil Arconis
- Squire Whiseland
- Sir Sho Obsidyn (Sword 2015)
- Sir Derek Roth (Flame, Sword, Crown)
- Sir Garth (Serpent, Flame)
- Arts and Sciences Champion - Mithril Hills - October 2002
- Arts and Sciences Champion - Valley of the Silver Rains - May 2003
- Arts and Sciences Champion - Blackspire - September 2006
- Arts and Sciences Champion - Blackspire - March 2007
- Arts and Sciences Champion - Blackspire - September 2007
- Arts and Sciences Champion - Blackspire - March 2008
- Arts and Sciences Champion - Blackspire - September 2009
- Crown Qualifications Cultural Events Leader - Mithril Hills - March 2013
- Crown Qualifications Cultural Events Leader - Northern Lights - August 2013
- Overall Dragonmaster - Winterbash 2009
- Overall Dragonmaster - Pac-War XI 2009
- Overall Dragonmaster - Rosewood 2013
- Walker of the Middle - Given by King Jerago - March 1, 2009
- Baronet - Given by Queen Aristiri - November 2003
- Count - Given by King Christian - September 2007
- Grand Duke - Given by King Tseng - September 2008
- Knight of the Crown - Given by King Tseng - September 21, 2008
- Knight of the Serpent - Given by King Sho - March 15, 2014
- Master Scout - Given by King Jerago - January 24, 2009
- Master Garber - Given by King Jerago - March 1, 2009
- Master Brewer - Given by King Sho - December 15, 2013
- Ducal Regent of Mithril Hills, May 2003 - November 2003
- Pro-tem Baron of Mithril Hills, August 2005 - October 2005
- Baron of Mithril Hills, November 2005 - April 2006
- Baron of Mithril Hills, May 2006 - August 2006
- Prince of Blackspire, September 2006 - March 2007
- Pro-Tem Baronial Chancellor of Mithril Hills, June 2007 - August 2007
- King of Blackspire, September 2007 - February 2008
- King of Blackspire, March 2008 - September 2008
- GMR of Blackspire, September 2008 - March 2009
- GMR of Blackspire, March 2009 - September 2009
- Duke of Mithril Hills, September 2009 - March 2010
- GMR of Blackspire, March 2010 - March 2011
- Baron of Mithril Hills, March 2013 - September 2013
- Prince of Northern Lights, September 2013 - March 2014
- Prince of Northern Lights, March 2014 - September 2014
- Personal Website
- Company Website