I'm getting the following error message when attempting to edit this page:
You don't have permission to access /amtwiki/index.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--Lumpy!! 06:43, 31 October 2012 (EDT)
- Are you active? What is your average number of players locally per week?
- We are quite active. We average about 20-25 unique players per week.
- What days and times do you meet?
- We meet every Sunday from 1:00p.m. until about 6:00p.m. and every Wednesday from 4:00p.m. until either 7:00p.m. or 10:00p.m. depending on what we are doing on our mid-week meets whether it be fighting practice, crafting workshops or role-play workshops.
- What park do you meet in, city and state? Can you give directions or a physical address?
- Our location has no physical address. We meet in Assiniboine Park along Park Boulevard North in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We have directions and a map at the bottom of our Amtwiki page
- Who is your leadership? Can we have and post their contact information?
- Our current three officers are myself: (Sheriff) Zume Frostpaw – Phone: (204) 918-7748, Facebook: 1 ; (Regent) Sylver Snowlynx – Phone: (204) 782-4147, Facebook: 2 ; and (Champion) Eli Mondex – Info has not been given the green light by him.
- What is your heraldry? Do you have a jpeg or other image file we can upload to the wiki?
- Image is already up on our chapter’s amtwiki page
- Have you taken a recent group photo of your chapter? Can we have a copy?
- Provided and added to amtwiki page
- Do you have an example of your chapter's heraldry in use, as a favor, garb, banner, or similar?
- We have our banner flying every Sunday
- When was your chapter founded? By whom?
- Our chapter was founded January 19, 2012 by Sylver Snowlynx and myself (Zume Frostpaw). However our first official weekly meet as an Amtgard Freehold was held on March 18, 2012.
- Do you have traditions or games that you would say define your chapter?
- Haha.. I would like to say yes. Our chapter was planned from the start to be a flurb group. The majority of our players (myself and Sylver included) hail from a role-playing background and so we are focusing more on character development and role-playing/garb than beating each other senseless. We try to hold a quest every week that is a continuous storyline that advances the story of our chapter as a whole.
- Do you have an active forum, facebook groups, or mailing list? Can you give us links?
- We actually have only our facebook page. It is not a group, though, but it does not stop our members from communicating on a daily basis and also gives the opportunity to role-play in-character on that page as well between members on occasion. The link to our page is here: https://www.facebook.com/winnipeg.amtgard
- Have you had any news organizations do any pieces on your chapter in the last two years?
- No, unfortunately. We only started March 18 of this year so we’ve just barely gotten our feet wet.
- What have you been doing to attract new players?
- Well, our first attempt to bring new players into the fold was to put up a series of posters at various colleges and universities around Winnipeg which brought in a few members but didn’t generate the member core we were looking for. One other thing we tried which has been a fantastic help was Facebook ads which brought in a whole new group of role-players and they are now our core group. We will have a booth at an up-coming medieval festival next week as well as doing demonstrations at said festival. On top of that we have already held one feast which attracted new members and we are planning another midsummer festival for our group the day after the medieval festival next week.
- Has anything happened in the last year that you would like included in your history?
- Not a whole lot that hasn’t been said. We only just started in March this year and have had a maximum of I believe 28 unique players. Other than that not a whole lot has happened. If for a background history, though, it can be added that our group is based upon a fragile relationship between humans and half-human/half-animal creatures called Kintu. If it is not a background history and just a basic history then nothing much can be added.