Grand Duchess Dame Nesta de’Ebonydaryth of Nocturnis, CK
”Come to the dark side....I have cookies.”
"Because I'm the pretty one, that's why."
"Nesta, Dame of Badassness" - Hannibal
at CK Crown Quals, Traitors Gate, October 2016, just after qualifying for Monarch.
Nesta started larp-ing in January 2005 on the campus of Baylor University. Nesta first started playing Amtgard at Spring War 2006 (? the memory is fuzzy), goaded on by warnings to avoid the game like the plague. Of course, she went to that Spring War, and eventually joined Amtgard when her HFS park became inactive.
Nesta is known for her flamboyant garb - both the garb she wears, and the garb she creates for other people. She is notorious for fighting in a bikini top and wearing cropped bodices for feast and court, even in the "harsh" Texas winters. She is "the one that makes those badass pants."
• Drives the sexiest El Camino in the world...when it isn't broken down in her parents' driveway.
• Can, and will, pull alpha on you with malice aforethought.
• Was told that she is "not an artist." Heh. You keep thinking that one.
• Can make stripy pants without a pattern, and occasionally even without measurements. However, hates sewing t-tunics for herself (even with a pattern) because...they just don't look right!
• Is, in fact, an English professor.
• Loves the color turquoise. Loves the color blue in general.
• is 1/3 of Sylvaenesta.
• ILBF - Guard of the Body #4
- Knight of the Crown: Nesta was knighted by her knight, Dame Sylvanista, under the authority of the 48th monarch of the Celestial Kingdom, Blackwolf Wyngarde, at Gathering of the Clans 2014.
- Was squired to Dame Sylvanista de’Ebonydaryth of Nocturnis, Celestial Kingdom. Is still, and will always be, a "shire-squire" (see Sylvanista's profile for details).
- Nesta has one Woman-at-Arms, Kyria, of Land's End in the Kingdom of Rivermoor, and one Squire, Inga of Kaembryge in the Celestial Kingdom.
- Melena, along with Squire Zee Ki Yal Nutgrinder, was first squired to Sir Yonwe of Drandmir
- Melena was then squired to Sir Martock of Drandmir
- her "bubba squire" was Squire Orlandu Nutgrinder
• Knighted for Service in Drandmir October 24, 2009. However, everyone else in HFS seems to think she's an art knight.
• awarded title of Archduchess by King Distan at Gathering of the Clans July 2015
• awarded title of Grand Duchess at Gathering of the Clans July 2017
at CK Kingdom Quest, Traitor's Gate, June 26, 2011. Negotiating the fire wire at Sylvanista's lair
Spring War 2008 - Women's Tourney
Loki, Sylvanista, and Nesta at Spring War 2011
Nesta fighting with Darphius at CK Quals April 2012
From CK Coronation Reign 46:
Nesta (monster) Armor: any worn Weapons: Any weapon, shield or bow. Any weapon used is considered Dragon Slaying. Immunities: protection from projectiles: this extends to equipment immunity to all non-spirit magic: this extends to equipment immunity to fire this extends to equipment Natural Lives: 1 Abilities & Traits: Circle of protection(unlimited) teleport self only(unlimited) Heal(unlimited) Mend(unlimited) All of Nesta's equipment is indestructible and she can block white weapons without dying.
- Company Website: www.goldenlions.org