From the Dor Un Avathar X
There are a number of Monster types, each with special qualities, including certain Immunities, Vulnerabilities, and other special rules. Monsters may have several types, and the effects are cumulative unless indicated otherwise in the specific Monster entry.
- Animation: An animation is a monster that is generally composed or constructed of otherwise nonliving materials and given some semblance of life through mystical means or other process.
- Beast: Non-humanoid creatures, most often animals with more than two legs.
- Weapons considered Natural
- Botanical: These Monsters are composed of plant or fungal material
- Extra-Planar: These Monsters hail from another dimension or plane of existence and include elementals, demons, and angels.
- Fey: These are the fairy folk of legend and myth.
- Immunity (Command)
- Humanoid: Monsters in this category generally have two arms, two legs, and walk upright.
- Note: Although not considered monsters, players of any standard class are considered Humanoid for the purpose of game effects.
- Legendary: These are the most powerful creatures of myth.
- Multi-Player: These Monsters are played by multiple players.
- They have a number of special rules, as detailed in the Monster’s description.
- Undead: These are the walking dead and the restless spirits of those past.