Magic Ball (Type)
For a listing of all magic and abilities of the magic ball type, see: Magic Balls
These are thrown to represent various magical attacks and are not projectile weapons but follow the same construction requirements except as noted below.
- Must be a spherical object at least 2.5” in diameter.
- Must have a streamer between 1” and 6” long.
- All parts must be Strike-Legal.
- These weapons are exempt from a minimum foam depth for Strike-Legal.
- Will score a hit from any portion of the object.
|Sphere of Annihilation||Black||Sorcery|
Magic Balls which are thrown and strike a player or object can have various effects. Unless otherwise noted:
- A magic-user may physically carry only the number of Magic Balls purchased. Pages and other players may not carry extra Magic Balls for magic-users.
- Once a Magic Ball’s Incantation has been said, it is considered active until thrown or interrupted.
- A player may only have one Magic Ball active at a time.
- Magic Balls of the Subdual School have no effect on equipment that is not being carried.
- Example: You may not Iceball a player’s shield if it is not being wielded or carried by them.
- Magic Balls discharge after the first Player, Wielded Equipment, or Terrain they hit.
- Magic Balls affect only the player or object struck; Magic Balls are not engulfing unless noted.
- Barring any Enchantments or magical effects, garb strikes count as hitting the player if the Magic Ball would have continued on to hit the player.
- Example: You may not block Lightning Bolts with your cloak.
- Magic Balls do not damage armor unless otherwise noted.
- Magic Balls are not stopped by Protection from Projectiles, Missile Block, and other similar magic and abilities.
- Effects and States caused by Magic Balls last 60 seconds.
- Starting an Incantation renders the player’s active Magic Balls inactive.
| Bard: None|
Druid: Entangle 1 · Iceball 2 · Force Bolt 4
Healer: Entangle 2 . Iceball 3 . Abeyance 5
Wizard: Force Bolt 1 · Entangle 2 · Suppression Bolt 2 · Iceball 3 · Lightning Bolt 3 · Fireball 4 · Phase Bolt 5 · Sphere of Annihilation 6