|This article may require cleanup. The specific problem is: no heading layout, not updated for new kingdoms. Relevant discussion may be found on the talk page. Please help improve this article if you can. (April 2016)|
n. Each kingdom has a different qualification to become a contributing member. But in all of them you must be a contributing member or 'Citizen' to vote in Althings, Elections and Knight's Circle Meetings. It is not required to become a contributing member to play Amtgard. But you do have greater control of your groups workings and destiny if you do contribute. It is often required that you be a contributing member to run for office.
Contributing Members - Members of the populace who pay dues and meet certain attendance requirements are entitled to certain rights and privileges as contributing members of the Kingdom. Non-contributing members may still attend activities such as feasts, tournaments and camping events, but they do not have voting rights in club government, nor may they run for any club office.
How each kingdom defines a contributing member;
- Burning Lands: Anyone may attend [althings]. Only dues paying members (active, or "donating" members) may vote on Amtgard policies People must have been in the group for six months in order to vote in any election. The Crown may also set a minimum attendance and require a contributing membership for determining eligibility to vote in elections. A person may only be an active member of one group in any six month period (and thus, may only vote in Althings and elections in that one group).
- Emerald Hills: EH Dues are $6 for 6 months. A Dues Paid member is a resident who has paid dues for the current month; has been a resident of the Emerald Hills for the preceding 6 month period; and has their updated mundane contact information on file with an EH PM. The following privileges are available only to dues paid members over the age of 14, regardless of any "special permission" for underage combat granted by the Monarch as per the Amtgard Rulebook: Voting in elections, Voting in Althings, Holding offices, Subscription to club newsletter, Receipt of Rulebook and Corpora.
- Celestial Kingdom: a "Contributing Member" is someone who has paid dues (6$ for 6 months), is currently waivered, and is at least 14 years old. You must be a contributing member to vote in Kingdom elections and to run for office. You do not have to be a contributing member to vote in althings. Recently defined in the CK corpora, you must also be an "Active Member" to hold kingdom office. Active member is defined as having signed in at a park or kingdom event a minimum of 12 separate weeks during the previous 6 month period. Entitles you to a Newsletter.
- Golden Plains:
- Iron Mountains: must be dues paid ($5 for a 6 month period) and must meet attendance requirements of 6 times in their home chapter, or at Imperially scheduled events. Contributing membership in a core province (within 150 miles of Denver city limits) provides you with the ability to vote in local and Imperial Althings and elections. Outside that limit, it only allows for voting in local elections. Must be at least 14 years of age. Must have been a contributing, associate, or populace member of one of the provinces of the Iron Mountains for the preceding six months or must be entirely new to Amtgard. Shall be entitled to receive a copy of each issue of the Imperial newsletter.
- Goldenvale: Only dues paying members (active or "donating" members) may vote on Amtgard policies. People must have been in the group for six months in order to vote in any election. The Crown may also set a minimum attendance and require a contributing membership for determinning elegibility to vote in elections. A person may only be an active member of one group in any six month period (and thus, may only vote in Althings and elections in that one group). A person is determined to be an active member of their group by actively attending their group's events no less than twice monthly, as determined by sequential sign-in for each delineated six month period. An active and contributing member may only vote in their group's All-things, elections and run for offices of their group. Dues are $6 for six months.
- Dragonspine: A voting member in Dragonspine must have had a waiver for six months, must be exclusively a Dragonspine member, must pay dues ($10 for 6 months), must not have been a member of a non-Dragonspine chapter in the past six months, and must be at least 14 years old. To vote in an election, you also need twelve full-credit regular meeting days during the past six months.
- Wetlands: Must have paid dues for the current reign, Must have a total of nine credits in the last six months, six of which must be provincial sign-ins. Must not be an active member of any other Amtgard Kingdom. Must claim membership to one province of the Wetlands, and may switch memberships between provinces only once per six months.
- Neverwinter: Be dues paid '6 dollars for 6 months' and must attend 6 times in 6 months, have had a waiver, been a member of 6 months, be at least a certain age (I forget, I think its 14), not be a member of another kingdom.... and be human. (and yes, we had to clarify that last one).
- Blackspire:Anyone may attend [althings]. Only dues paying members (active, or "donating" members) may vote on Amtgard policies. People must have been in the group for six months in order to vote in any election. A person may only be an active member of one group in any six month period (and thus, may only vote in Althings and elections in that one group). dues are $6 for six months All lands within 150 miles of the center (Portland, Oregon) will be able to vote in all Althing issues and run/vote for kingdom level positions, providing they are an active dues paid member in their local park, and their local park pays 1/3rd of all local park Dues to the Kingdom. Minimum attendance to run for Kingdom level office shall be at least once a month at any dependent sponsored land (lands within 150 miles of the core w/ a signed dependent contract) and at least one kingdom level attendance within the last six months. This may be set higher by the Monarch and must be announced (if different from the minimum) within one month of assuming office. This requirement applies to Monarch, Regent, PM, and Champion.
- Grand Duchy of Stormhaven: Citizen (populous or resident) Member or Resident Member of Stormhaven must have a current waiver signed and on file with the Prime Minister of Stormhaven. Must abide by the Amtgard Rules of Play as well as all mundane laws while engaged in Amtgard activities. Must participate at Stormhaven more than another Amtgard chapter. Shall have their attendance and awards status tracked and maintained by the Prime Minister of Stormhaven. Must have signed in at least six times in the last six months at Stormhaven. Must be present to vote in elections or Althings. May vote in Stormhaven’s elections and Althings Shall be entitled to receive a copy of each issue of the Stormhaven newsletter. Must be dues paid for the current reign.
- Rising Winds: defines a member in good standing as one who is dues paid within the last 6 months, and has gained at least 6 credits in the last six months, as well as being waiver signed to a sponsored park for at least 6 months. Pretty standard stuff. Letting you vote is the least we can do for a poor soul who puts up with this kingdom for 6 whole months.
- Crystal Groves: Called a 'Full Member'. Full Membership voting eligibility is comprised of four parts: General Membership, Dues paid, group residency, and age requirement. Dues Paid, $6 for six months. to vote requires the member to be dues paid as of: The Declarations day of Crown Quals or Prime Minister elections. Or the date of an Althing vote. Group Residency requires the member must have been a member of the group they are voting in for the six months prior to the vote as shown by a signed waiver and a sign in of at least once per month for the previous 6 months. The member must be at least 14 years old to vote. Being a Full member in CG allows you to Vote for and Run for kingdom monarchy positions. Run and Vote for kingdom Board of Directors positions. Receive a copy of the rules, the Corpora, and the group newsletter. members of sub-groups get to vote and run for local positions and get a vote in all kingdom elections and althings.
- Desert Winds: Must have a waiver signed and on file with the provincial record-keeper. Must abide by the Amtgard Rules of Play as well as all mundane laws while engaged in Amtgard activities. Must be dues paid, 6$ for 6 months; dues will expire 6 months from the date of payment. . Must be at least 14 years of age or have the approval of the Provincial Monarch if under 14 years of age. General members of core provinces and any member of a province outside the Core (as defined by Section 4.2) are not considered contributing members of the Kingdom of Desert Winds and are thus ineligible to vote in Kingdom Althings or run for kingdom level office.
- Freeholds:Freeholds follow the strictures of the Burning Land Corpora. They may add reasonable requirements, like attendance requirements, but may not remove requirements form those listed.