Earl Sir Ausric Blackwolf, The Mover of Mountains, Champion of Winter, Stormbringer, of White Stone Valley, Nine Blades, Rising Winds.
Is Blackwolf NOW!!
Spin, spin, spin.... die...
Dude, it took a flame wall, arrow to the head, a fireball, a siege boulder, and Goro wielding polearms to take you down!
You see, you can run events with one leg, or win events with two. You choose. -Ursus
I tag 'em, he bags 'em. -Diana
An avalanche of frozen vikings!
The Ausric One Shot: For when words can't describe your foam stick swag -Jynx Mercades
AKA Not-Walsh, Az, Matt Freaking Dean, Canada, Cah-nook, Hotdog, Ozark, Fuzzy, Battering Ram, Genius Sluff-Ala
It's hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.
Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.
We will not shake hands with arrant believers
We'll rather die than turn into minions
Freedom is our highest good
We venture our lives
-Eluveitie, Meet the Enemy
First started swinging foam in his backyard, alongside Calin, Elm, and Ursus, using the Amtgard rules without sanction or realization of its breadth. After that organization imploded in the summer of 2006, Ausric began playing Amtgard properly in Twilight Peak, following after Elm and Ursus, who had started playing months earlier.
At Frostbite 2008, he joined the Ebon Order, having been longtime friends with the majority of their members. He received a promotion within the company in January of 2010, but left the company 3/4 of a year later in October 2010 to pursue his goals in a different way. He joined the Crimson Guard six months later. He has also since received honorary membership in [[Frenzy United] as a Canadian Irregular, as well as a part-time membership in the Scions.
During his time at university, he alternated between playing in Twilight Peak and Felfrost, depending on whether he was on a work term or school term. Since January 2010 however, he has become a permanent member of Felfrost.
On July 20th 2009, Ausric married then-Squire then-Lady Diana, who then went on their honeymoon to Clan, being the first resident Canadians to visit the event in over a decade. The couple has since continued to travel as often as financially possible across Amtgard, visiting events like Defrost/Olympiad, Spring War, and several SKBCs.
It is said that there was once a time where Ausric did not have any crafting projects on the go. This is estimated to have been around the time of the Big-Bang, where everything was too damned hot for him to work with.
Accepted a Man-At-Arms belt from Sir Goliath at Goldenvale's Coronation in March 2009. Upgraded to Squire one year later, at GV Coronation in March 2010. However, when Goliath opted to remove himself from the game to focus on his family life in 2011, the two split their in-game relationship amicably, while still remaining friends out of game.
Ausric was the first Master Owl awarded in Goldenvale in over a decade, since Sir Blackhawk was granted the award. This also makes him the first Canadian player to earn such recognition (though not the first to earn a Masterhood in general by any stretch). He is also only the second Knight to receive their belt in Canada, but is the first Knight in Canada who could be considered a fount.
In January of 2015, Ausric, his wife, and their kidlet moved back to the Toronto area, and rejoined Twilight Peak. Shortly after, Ausric landed better work in Guelph, ON, causing the trio to move to Cambridge, then Fergus, and take up residence in White Stone Valley.
In the High Crossius Codex
For then across the great Canadian sky, came a single shooting star. The Lord God did see this this shining example of one motion to end the lives of the unholy and heretical. For he so loved this one surprise motion, he named this phenominon the Ausric.. and it was good.
-Canon of the Moose 1:5
For then the man known now as Ausric wandered the earth, practicing his one motion to end lives. He then encountered the Pope, and he became frustrated with his inability to defeat this single action. And the man known as Ausric laughed, hysterically... and the Pope moved on.. angry in his defeat.
-Canon of the Moose 2:2
For they saw him, the humble man Ausric upon the holiest of lands, yon Ditch Field. For he slew those with absolute ease, and confounded the Pope himself with shots that seemed to hail from the heavens, as if they were shooting stars..
-Canon of the Moose 3:19
Note: The oath spoken by Ausric upon his knighting is loosely based on the Obligation spoken by Engineers in Ontario, and was administered by Sir Nathanial Goldenleaf (a fellow engineer). It is strongly requested that this not be spoken by another Knight in Amtgard because of that.
"I, Ausric Blackwolf, the Mover of Mountains, in the presence of my betters and my equals, bind myself upon my Honour and Cold Iron, that, to the best of my knowledge and power, I will not henceforth suffer or pass, or be privy to the passing of, faulty craftsmanship or unchivalrous behaviour in aught that concerns my crafted works as a Serpent Knight, or in my dealings as a human being.
"My Time I will not refuse; my Thought I will not grudge; my Care I will not deny towards the honour, use, stability, and perfection of any works to which I may called to set my hand, nor those who look to me for advice.
"My Reputation as a Knight of Amtgard, and that of others who call themselves so, I will honourably guard; but I will in no way go about to compass or wrest judgement or gratification from any one with whom I may deal.
"For my assured Failures and derelictions, I ask pardon beforehand of my betters and my equals here assembled; praying that in the hour of my temptations, weakness and weariness, the memory of this Oath and the company before whom it was spoken, may return to aid, comfort and restrain."
- Ausric Blackwolf (Serpent)
- Ascli (Master Apr 2010)
- Master Barbarian, granted by King Bowen of Goldenvale, September 2008
- Awarded the noble title of Lord (goes by Chief) by King Chekers - September 2009
- Given the non-noble title of "The Mover of Mountains" by Queen Miaka at Felfrost Coronation 2010
- Given the non-noble title of "Pitfighter" by Baron Thalese at Twilight Peak Coronation 2010
- Awarded the noble title of Baronet (goes by Elder) by Prince Sir Nathanial Goldenleaf on behalf of King Talos - April 2011
- Awarded the noble title of Count (goes by Earl, or Thane) by King Sir Akrith at Nine Blades Coronation - October 2011
- Given the non-noble title of "Champion of Winter" by Kingdom Consort Brother Fredrik at Fury of the Northlands 2012
- Master Owl, granted by King Bowen of Goldenvale, November 2012
- Knight of the Serpent, granted by Khaleesi Quynn of Goldenvale, August 2013
- Paragon Healer, granted by Prince Saint Cy of the Shadows of the Nine Blades, October 2014
- Child of the Nine Blades, granted by Matriarch Sir Promethea of the Nine Blades, February 2017
- Keep on the Borderlands (IK) Arts and Sciences Champion (also best in show) - September 2012
- Goldenvale Dragonmaster (IK) - Summer 2009
- Nine Blades Cultural Champion (P) - December 2014
- Twilight Peak Dragonmaster (B) - December 2014
- 3 time Nine Blades Warmaster (3x P) - June 2013, December 2014, December 2017
- 5 time Felfrost Weaponmaster (2x B, 3x D) - August 2011, February 2013, July 2013, January 2014, July 2018
- 3 time Felfrost Warmaster (B, 2x D) - April 2011, May 2012, April 2014
- 3 time Twilight Peak Warmaster (3x B) - September 2009, September 2010, March 2015
- Twilight Peak Weaponmaster (B) - December 2014
- Skaldi's pop-tournament (D) - September 2012
- Twilight Peak Coronation (B) Tournament - September 2013
- 3 time Nine Blades Weaponmaster (3x P) - April 2015, October 2015, October 2016
- Linnagond Weaponmaster (B) - December 2017
- Many, many terms as Guildmaster of Barbarians in both Twilight Peak and Felfrost
- First, and Sixth Sheriff of Felfrost (October 2007 - April 2008, and April 2010 - October 2010)
- Second (Pro-tem), and Third Chancellor of Felfrost (April 2008 - September 2008, and September 2008 - April 2009)
- First Guildmaster of Reeves of Felfrost (October 2010 - May 2011)
- First, and Fourteenth Consort of the Principality of the Nine Blades (October 2010 - April 2011)
- Second and Eleventh Prince of the Principality of the Nine Blades (April 2011 - October 2011, August 2015 - February 2016)
- First Duke of Felfrost (November 2012 - April 2013)
- Sixth Guildmaster of Reeves of the Nine Blades (February 2013 - August 2013)
- Seventh, and Tenth Champion of the Nine Blades (August 2013 - February 2013, February 2015 - August 2015)
- Ninth Prime Minister (pro-tem) of the Nine Blades (April 2014 - October 2014)
- Won the Gladiator Belt within the Nine Blades with Shay as his teammate
- Co-Founded Felfrost in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- EPIC Battlegame MVP 2013
Ausric's son - filling the shoes nicely. (Photo credit: Diana).