Squire Arathamus D'Bois, of Nine Willows, Golden Plains
”Sucking at something is the first step to being great at something!”
"What'd I do?" - when someone calls his name at parks or events.
Motto "Semper Ascendare"
A traveling bard and mercenary, Arathamus's persona hails from France by way of countless localities. On one of his voyages, he got shipwrecked and washed ashore in Amtgardia. This resulted in his residing in the Wetlands near Bloodwyrm Haven. He enjoys A&S competitions, class battlegames, sparring with his friends, being helpful to others off the battlefield, and annoying to his enemies on the battlefield.
His colors are green and purple, and he can usually be seen thusly garbed and wielding flatblades and his signature heraldric small shield.
He plays stringed instruments for court events, A&S tourneys, and bardic circles (and sometimes plays recorder just for the laughs). He also works in woodburning, chainmaille, garb, leatherworking, foam-smithing, and random forms of art with various degrees of success. He learns what he can, and eagerly shares what he does know with others. His personal goals are to become the best Bard he can be on and off the field, and to become a great artist on par with kingdom level artistic leaders. He is happily married to Edune. Arathamus Moved to the Golden Plains in summer of 2017, and hopes to continue to further his art and stick skills, as well as help his company the War Dragons expand and grow.
FUN FACTS ABOUT ARATHAMUS
- Arathamus has an uncanny ability to find himself in the center of truly horrific shenanigans.
- Arathamus' primary classe is Bard, in which he has achieved 6th level in. He also is a 6th level scout, warrior, and healer.
- Arathamus dislikes ditching, but does it occasionally. He prefers sparring 1v1, as well as militia and class battlegames.
- Arathamus has made many shields and carries enough Amt-legal weapons to equip a squad of angry nerds to every park and event he attends.
- Arathamus built a Frikkin Catapult and used it to create even more chaos and confusion on the battlefield. While it was only 4ft long with a 40" throwing arm, he has plans to make a catapult with a 80" throwing arm.
- Arathamus has brought a PA system to multiple kingdom events to help provide amplification for music and announcements.
- Arathamus made a pair of legal throwies that were also wearable shoes: LA CHANCLAS! They won a park-level A&S competition at a kingdom visit to Dragon's Glen
- Arathamus is one of the few people to have been hunted by the Draconis Hit Squad.
- Arathamus has made chains for many knights, including the Official Chain for Sir Harold, Sir Glen and chains for the first knight of Winter's Edge, Sir Loric. (other knights who have chains made by Arathamus include Sir Wanderer, Sir Renjara, Sir Distan, Sir Honeybadger, and Sir Vincent Landcrest.)
- Arathamus suffers a debilitating addiction to crafting.
- As a result of his having a sewing machine, his company has given him the unofficial title of "stitch bitch" of the War Dragons. Arathamus just sighs and still makes their garb.
Vert and purpure, party de fes. Blazen a Fleur di Lis of Or and a chevron abased argent".
- War Dragons (Company) -Lieutenant
- House D'Artiste Household -founder/council member
- House Lore Keepers Household -lyric
- Court Bard of Golden Plains, Reign LIII (Spring/Summer 2018)
- GM of Bards, Golden Plains Reign LIII (Spring/Summer 2018)
- Dragonmaster of Irongate Jan 2018
- 3rd Place overall at GP Dragonmaster Reign LII (Fall/Winter 2017-2018)
- Provided feast for Nine Willows Midreign Jan 2018
- Made Fifty (50) Belt favors for Fight Card for Golden Plains MR LII (Fall/Winter 2017-2018)
- Amtgard Food Fight Representative, [Nine Willows]] 2017
- Second place overall dragonmaster Wetlands Reign XLII
- GM of Bards, Wetlands Reign XLII (Winter/Spring 2016-2017)
- Made Michael's Hammer relic for Wetlands Reign XLI (Summer/Fall 2016)
- Tied for 1st plate in Dragon category and tied for 2nd place overall @ Wetlands Quals Reign XLI (Summer/Fall 2016)
- Prime Minister of Bloodwyrm Haven, (Spring/Summer reign 2016)
- GM of Scouts, Wetlands Reign XL (Winter/Spring 2015-2016)
- Organized an impromptu rice drive for a local food bank in Bloodwyrm Haven that collected and donated 200 pounds of rice in time for Thanksgiving 2015
- Winner of the Wetlands Home-stone from Wetlands Summer Relic Quest '14 via A&S victory
- Handmade 5 award plaques for Creepy Hollow Dark Quest 2014
- 2nd place overall A&S at first competition entered: 2014 SPRING WAR
- First member of his first local park to reach 6th level bard, achieved in December 2014
- Sir Ta'Shi-iak(Flame)
- Sir Rook (Sword)
- Squire Loric
- Squire Gernot
- Squire Talon
- Sir Teth Bloodthorne (Serpent)
- Squire Trevor Hargrave
- Sir Morgan Ironwolf (Flame) (Crown)
- Sir Stoner (Flame)
- Sir Queball (Flame)
- Squire Jaeden Ironwolf
- Sir Crom Ironwolf (Flame) (Crown) (Serpent)
- Sir Redhawk Longwing (Flame)
- Sir Zachry Ironwolf (Serpent) (Crown)
- Sir Crom Ironwolf (Flame) (Crown) (Serpent)