Count Man-at-Arms Fiks von Grunwald, of Wavehaven under Westmarch
|A black tower over waves with a green illuminated keyhole.|
“What team am I on??”—Numerous times during ditching...
Brought out to Wavehaven for the first time way back when (1997), the young Fiks (known as Torran back then) was quickly dominated by the very aggressive pike and mace heavy field and fled back to the safety of his computer after a few weeks out. There was blood and tears involved.
Skip ahead five-plus years, Torran became Fiks, and Fiks made his reappearance during the hay-day of Sanctuary Hill. Given a floofy garb by his friends, a bow from his father, an end of arrows built with help from another friend and a pair of cheap swords, he proceeded to relearn the finer arts of not dying like a total and complete newb. Flailing wildly; he learned sword-play, archery, and Not-Sucking-As-Much. Just when his interest was winding up, someone broke into his car and stole most of his gear. He found himself so over it at that point, and quit for a few more years.
Skip ahead to 2007, and Fiks reemerged onto Wavehaven's field; hopefully for good. He still flails a bit wildly at times, but he definitely does Not-Suck-As-Much. His current focus became sword-play, weapon and armor construction, garbing, leadership... and figuring out exactly which team he is currently on.
Since May of 2008, Fiks has been almost continuously serving in office. After a short term as a lame-duck Pro-Tem Regent of Wavehaven, he spent a year and a half as the Prime Minister of the Principality of Westmarch. During that time he helped establish the Principality's reputation for submitting professional audit packages to her parent kingdom of Dragonspine using his schooling in web and print design. After the extended nine-month term and a standard six-month term, Fiks stepped down from the Principality level, receiving the title of Lord, only to fill the office of Prime Minister of the Duchy of Wavehaven immediately. He brought his attention to detail and publishing skills to bear on the Duchy's paperwork, demonstrating in words and graphics the pride and experience the Duchy possessed. He served three terms in office before finally handing the reins over to MaA CJ.
Fiks had little time for rest though. After urging from Baronet Squire Laoric Stark, then Duke of Wavehaven, he pursued the office of Monarch of Wavehaven. Just before stepping up at Darkshore XIV, Fiks was presented the title of Baron by Duke Laoric before stepping down from office. Taking up both the coronet of Baron and crown of Duke of Wavehaven, Fiks hopes to reinvigorate the struggling land and return her to being the shining example of Amtgard in California. Easy, right?
Not so much. The land persisted at its usual level of attendance and vigor. Afterwards Fiks refocused on helping the Principality of Westmarch continue its goal of achieving Kingdom status. During the next two years Fiks was instrumental in helping the Principality incorporate as a not-for-profit entity, achieve tax-exempt status with both the state of California and the United States Internal Revenue Service, and submit a Kingdom Bid to the 30th Gathering of the Clans. After a grant from Westmarch and some personal fund raising, he was able to fly into that Clan to witness the voting of the Circle of Monarchs. The successful 15-0 vote for ascension of the Kingdom of Westmarch is definitely the highlight of Fiks' Amtgard career thus far. The original Kingdom Scroll for Westmarch hangs proudly in his home.
- Member of Ravenwynd.
- Count, given by King Sir Euric Bloodstone of Westmarch in November, 2015
- Baron, given by Duke Laoric Stark of Wavehaven in May, 2011
- Lord, given by Prince Sir Euric Bloodstone of Westmarch in February, 2009
- Guildmaster of Reeves of the Kingdom of Westmarch November 2016–May 2017
- Guildmaster of Reeves of the Duchy of Wavehaven May 2016–November 2016
- Regent of the Kingdom of Westmarch November 2015–May 2016
- Monarch of the Duchy of Wavehaven May 2015–November 2015
- Regent of the Duchy of Wavehaven May 2013–November 2013
- Guildmaster of Reeves of the Duchy of Wavehaven November 2012–May 2013
- Duke of the Duchy of Wavehaven May 2011–May 2012 (two terms)
- Prime Minister of the Duchy of Wavehaven September 2009–February 2011 (three terms)
- Prime Minister of the Principality of Westmarch May 2008–September 2009 (two terms)
- Pro-Tem Regent of the Duchy of Wavehaven May 2007–November 2007
- My mommy said I'm special...
- Has helped with the running of many California events, including co-Crating The War of the Darkshore several times.
- Designed the current Wavehaven website, though it has fallen into disuse and abused by hacking bots.
- Maintains the Westmarch website, which was designed by Grix.
A lover of tasty brewed beverages, Fiks has tried his hand at making several brews:
- Brewed his first beer for Crown Quals! Fiks' Finest Lighthouse Lager (see left).
- Second beer brewed also submitted for Crown Quals: Fiks' Finest Ruby Red.
- Third beer brewed turned into vinegar, and was not entered into Quals. We do not speak of it further.
- Fourth beer was a brown ale called "Morrissey Brown" in homage to his old apartment and was not used as a Crown Quals submission.
- Fifth beer is to be determined soon, hopefully...