Baron Squire Deimos, of Seven Sleeping Dragons, Westmarch, Kingdom of Dragonspine
”Evil pays better, They get to pillage.”
Baron Deimos mugs to the cameras during his Squiring ceremony
First day of Amtgard was at a demonstration at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. First shot I took was an overhand strike right across the bridge of the nose from a fellow who was larger than me wielding a 6'+ sword, back when the rule was 1 pound per foot of length for red weapons. Knocked me on my ass, blackened both eyes, and I've been hooked ever since. During my time at Seven Sleeping Dragons, I've been champion for around 10 straight years before serving 2 terms as Monarch (one of them extended by 3 extra months). I've been in Westmarch office for, jeez, 2+ years now (Champion x2, Monarch x2, GMR).
I received my Man-at-Arms belt at Darkshore X from Lord Sir Keluric Tryst (at the time, Squire Keluric Tryst). I received my Squire's belt at the Northern Invasion of Crimson Sanctum event, August 16, 2008. I challenge anyone to find a better belted family to belong to.
At Feast of Mars IV, I started my own little belted family by offering a Man at Arms belt to Griffin Köford. He foolishly accepted, and is now tethered to a sewing machine and a computer (I don't want him slacking on his Prime Minister duties). Griffin is an Amtgarder after my own heart: he is unable to get out of office, his fighting skills are continually improving, he knows the pain of garbing, and is embarking on leatherworking. He is also known for continually making bad puns, much to the chagrin of his liege.
I've had a great 10+ years in Amtgard, and I hope to be around for 50+ more.
- Sir Thorn Crossbearer
- Champion of the Principality of Westmarch (May 2011 - December 2011)
- GMR of the Principality of Westmarch (November 2010 - May 2011) [1 Term]
- Monarch of the Principality of Westmarch (November 2009 - November 2010) [2 Terms]
- First Champion of the Principality of Westmarch (May 2009 - November 2009) [1 Term]
- Monarch of the Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons (March 2008 - May 2009) [2.5 Terms (extended reign)]
- Lieutenant of the Guard to Prince Grand Duke Sir Euric Bloodstone (March 2008 - September 2008) ([Killed in action by Sir Euric's own hand during a battlegame in which I protected him]
- Champion of the Shire of Seven Sleeping Dragons (1998 to March 2008) [Lots of terms]
- Royal Guardsman to Duke Squire Keluric Tryst of Wavehaven (November 2006 to May 2007)
- Convinced (tricked/cajoled) Lady Page Leah to marry him (September 2004)
- Master Warrior - Awarded by Prince Grand Duke Sir Euric Bloodstone of Westmarch (September 2008)
- Champion of Mars, Feast of Mars VI
- Autocrat, Feast of Mars VII
- 1st Place Warmaster, Principality of Westmarch, April 2011, October 2011
- 1st Place Weaponmaster, Principality of Westmarch, Feb 2009, Jan 2010, July 2010
- 1st Place Weaponmaster, Kingdom of Desert Winds, August 2011
- Master Rose, Awarded by Prince Sir Euric Bloodstone, December 2011
Baron Deimos at the Invasion of Crimson Sanctum
Propaganda piece at the end of his reign as Prince