Reeves are tiny gods!
a safety Officer
A Reeve is like a referee in Amtgard. It comes from Old English, the word "Sheriff" actually came from "Shire Reeve". It was an official, judge, etc.
Reeves are charged with running battlegames, wars, tourneys and making sure that everyone follows the rules, solving disputes, and advising the players on the rules. They are governed by a Guildmaster of Reeves, who is elected from their number. Reeves must pass a Reeve's Test to qualify as a reeve, generally every six months to maintain standing. This may vary from kingdom to kingdom.
It should be noted that a good battlegame reeve is not necessarily a good tourney reeve, and visa versa. The former requires primary knowledge of the rulebook and the ability to keep a game flowing and balanced. The latter needs a good eye. They both need the ability to make a tough call when needed.
 Excerpt from the BL Corpora
2.2 Reeves Guild:
- 2.21 Members are those who have passed the Reeves test within the last six months with a score of 75% or better.
- 2.22 Though under the jurisdiction of the Monarch and the Guildmaster of Reeves, the Reeves have the following powers over the battlegames:
- 2.221 May add newcomers and adjust the teams to balance a game.
- 2.222 May call whether a hit on a person is valid or not.
- 2.223 May take unsafe people or equipment off the battlefield.
- 2.224 May take time off a person's death if he/she died especially well.
- 2.225 May declare a person dead if he/she persistently causes problems.
- 2.226 May declare the end to a game if play is stagnating.
- 2.227 May appropriate additional reeves if they are needed.
2.23 Reeves are responsible for the following:
- 2.231 Must ensure that the games are safe to participants and bystanders.
- 2.232 Shall retrieve expended and discarded equipment.
- 2.233 Shall help the participants in their understanding of the games.
- 2.234 Shall ensure that the quality of play is honest and in keeping with the spirit of the rules and corpora.