Oaken are magical plant-like creatures who live for centuries, yet never move from the place of their birth. Their natural magic resistance and the effect they spread to nearby grounds is highly valued by Druids, who often raise them from seedlings to protect their groves. Players portaying an Oaken are actually representing its powerful and prehensile Branches.
Browns and greens, leaves and floral prints. Stand very still and speak very slowly.
 Q/M Ratio:
2/1 per Branch (Quest)
4 points Natural
Two short melee weapons (Natural)
 Natural Lives:
3 per Branch
 Abilities & Traits:
- Home Tree
- Mend Heal
- Innate Ability: Entangle (2 bolts/U) The bolts may be divided between any active Branches.
- Innate Magical Ability: Anti-Magic Zone (unlimited) This ability must be centered on the Home Tree and may not be Dispelled. At 1st level this ability extends 10 feet in all directions from the trunk of the tree. This zone also represents the range of the player(s) portraying the Branches (see Bound, below)
- Innate Magical Ability: Lore (unlimited) This represents the wisdom demonstrated by these creatures. Reeves should answer any questions the Oaken might have regarding the scenario and provide clues which might be useful in a Quest.
- Vulnerability: Bound Branches may not move outside the range of its Anti-Magic Zone.
- 1st* As above
- 2nd* May now use long weapons, Anti-Magic Zone becomes 20 foot radius
- 3rd* Anti-Magic Zone becomes 30 foot radius
- 4th* Gains the Multi-Person Type. One additional player may now be a Branch. From this level forward, all Branches are considered to be the same level as the highest level Branch.
- 5th* One additional player may be a Branch (total 3), Entangle becomes (3 bolts/U), One Branch may use a reach weapon, Anti-Magic Zone becomes 40 foot radius.
- 6th* One additional player may be a Branch (total 4), Entangle becomes (4 bolts/U), One Branch may use up to a medium shield, Anti-Magic Zone becomes 50 foot radius.
With the advent of Dor Un Avathar 8.1, this monster can now be hurt by Siege, Red, and Improved weapons as well.
Also worth noting this monster has some contradictions. The most serious being that it is a Mystical creature that somehow lives in an Anti-Magic area. It therefore cannot use any of it's Innate Magical abilities, including the one that makes the area anti-magic.