All ribbons (also called cloths or strip) must be at least two inches wide and eighteen inches in length, and clearly visible (not hidden behind equipment or a shield) on the person or object they are applied to.
Armbands and headbands act in all ways like ribbons and must follow their rules. Each color ribbon has a different meaning to allow quick identification.
 Effect strips
- Red: Red Weapons and Berserk Barbarian.
- Black: Killing effects such as Touch of Death, Poison Weapon, Death Fields, etc.
- Orange: Flame effects such as Flame Arrow, Lava, etc.
- Gold: Reeves and items that may not be touched or attacked
 Class ribbons
- Green: Druidic Enchantments
- White: Healer Enchantments
- Yellow: Wizard Enchantments
- Light Blue: Bard Enchantments
- Black and White: Headband worn to identify the Class, 'Raider' this class was removed from the rulebook in 2008
 Things to note.
On shields it is often required by local Reeve that ribbon for Harden Shield or Imbue Shield be displayed across the front of the shield, this usually requires that the ribbon be much longer than the required 18". It is suggested that you carry your own strips for your shield for this purpose.