Also Known As
- The Chosen
- The BoB squad
The Chosen are Amtgard's premier fighting company, and are active in several medieval recreation societies. The company was originally formed in Barad Duin (HFS) shortly after the Amtgard-HFS split in 1991, but are now primarily Amtgard based. The Chosen excel in the fighting arts and focus both on personal development and increasing the overall skill level of fighting in Amtgard.
Originally, members of the Torches would take to the field in black "phaser" style sunglasses, donning a silver, spray-painted Torch centered against a black, torn and unwashed tabbard. This was originally a nod to the Corsairs, who often took to the field in similar "styled" adornment. Though Torch culture is very much based on fighting excellence, the company includes well respected A&S contibuters and many members who have contributed to the betterment of Amtgard. Traditionally, Torches do not accept service rewards for the work they have done, since service is it own reward. Many instead give those awards to Bob's Purifying Flame.
Founders of The Chosen
|Sir Arthon of the Golden City|| HFS, Barad Duin
|Sir Drakknar|| HFS, Barad Duin
|Sir Aganar Ky'Slaron||HFS, Barad Duin||HFS|
|Aurendir Dreadstone|| HFS, Barad Duin
|DOA(Decimus Octavius Aurelius)|| HFS, Barad Duin
Past and Present High Priests of the Chosen
|Guy||Amtgard, IM||Amtgard, IM, GP, MS|
|Lilly Sunshine||Amtgard, CK|
- The Chosen have developed some of the most talented fighters in all of Amtgard, and have multiple members in Amtgard's top ten lists
- Randalf Falconbridge left the company in 2003.
- Sable, the first female torch quit Amtgard in the late 90s, but finally turned in her torch in 2008
- Rikudon left the company in 2014.
- The Chosen are now nationwide, all potential new members should speak with our recruitment officer Sir Arthon.
- Arch enemies to the Dead Weights as of Aftershock 2017.